New Zealand Immigration Advice

When you want to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three most important ways to do this:

1. Full the applying form your self

You can select the visa you want utilizing the Immigration internetsite and full the appliance type yourself with the knowledge provided by Immigration New Zealand.

Every visa type has an application kind and accompanying guide. We suggest you read the guide before attempting to complete the application form.

Don’t fear if you get caught alongside the way; you can contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Engage a licensed immigration adviser

You may engage a licensed immigration adviser to help you together with your visa application but they must have a present licence.

A person who gives New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Before engaging an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to ensure the individual you’re engaging has a legitimate immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers might solely be able to advise on limited areas).

The Government’s Immigration Advisers Authority provides info on who may give New Zealand immigration advice and explains learn how to apply a visa under section 61 to complain if you’re unhappy. They also provide a useful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Ought to you may have any difficulty finding a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you may contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is answerable for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking motion in opposition to these giving immigration advice with no licence.

3. Have interaction somebody who’s exempt from the license requirements

It’s also possible to search immigration advice from people who find themselves exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption includes:

training agents who are only permitted to provide immigration advice on student visas

attorneys with a current New Zealand practising certificates

overseas diplomats and consular employees

staff of the New Zealand Authorities who present immigration advice as a part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption includes:

legal professionals with a present New Zealand practising certificates

members of Parliament and their employees who provide immigration advice as a part of their jobs

government staff who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Community Law Centres or Residents Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society website can assist you discover a lawyer or legal agency or check that your present lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.